bummed i missed james jeans exhibit at Jonathan Levine Gallery by just one week which closed Feb. 7th. I like the fun little extras he’s added to the bottom of this poster. it’s the reason why i like it.
from the weekend trip to Museum of Arts & Design
1. Portrait of a Textile Worker, Terese Agnew
This was constructed with thirty thousand clothing labels stitched together. All we see are the labels, but Terese wanted to put the spotlight on the person behind the construction of the clothing we buy.
2. Madam C. J. Walker – Sonya Clark
Made out of plastic combs. The subject is the first Black woman to become a millionaire, from her line of hair care products
3. Spectacle – Stuart Haygarth
Created from 1020 pairs of prescription glasses
4. My Back Pages – Paul Villinski
I like his whole butterfly ouevre after looking him up
5. After the Mona Lisa – Devorah Sperber
(youtube video of her process)
6. Sotheby’s Buddha – Long-Bin Chen